The individuals and teams are now five workouts into the CrossFit Games and have two more very full days of competition left. Here’s a bit of what went down today…
– Sam Briggs destroyed Murph with a time of 39:10, which even beat all the men’s times.
– Kara Webb zig zagged and stumbled her way across the finish line during Murph and was taken away by the medics on a stretcher. However, she was back in the tennis stadium for the snatch ladder and heavy D.T. and crushed both of them, finishing the day in second place overall.
– EZ Muhammad dropped 245# on his head during the snatch ladder event, walked around for about 60 seconds or so, then went back and nailed the snatch at the last possible second, sending the crowd into an uproar.
– Camille Leblanc-Bazinet got no repped three times on the first round of the snatch ladder, which kept her from moving into the second round. She finished the last snatch while crying, obviously very upset about how things are panning out for her so far this week.
– Chad Mackay was holding his shoulder during Heavy D.T. and chose not to try to finish the workout. No word on what his situation is like going into Saturday.
Currently Not In Top 10:
– CrossFit Mayhem Freedom (Rich Froning’s team, 11th)
– Dan Bailey (17th)
– Brooke Ence (14th)
– Emily Bridgers (17th)
– Camille Leblanc-Bazinet (27th)
CrossFit’s Update Show
After Earth Worm, the Synchros and Murph, Tommy Marquez, Caity Henniger and Pat Sherwood talk about the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games so far.
And then the individuals get an interesting announcement about the Friday night event in the Tennis Stadium (http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/games)
On this edition of the Day at the Games, Tommy Marquez, Pat Sherwood and Caity Henniger recap the Snatch Speed Ladder and look ahead to the final event for Friday—Heavy DT.
A look at Friday of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games with Tommy Marquez, Caity Henniger and Pat Sherwood.
The CrossFit Games — (http://games.crossfit.com)
The CrossFit Games® – The Sport of Fitness™
The Fittest On Earth™
Comments will be approved before showing up.