Two more Super Regionals are in the books, and 20 more athletes have punched their tickets to Carson for the 2016 CrossFit Games! Look here to see what went down in the West and Atlantic!
Once again we admittedly only watched the final heats of each individual event, so there were surely more epic moments, but come on…we’re only human!
Highlights & Top Moments:
– The race to the finish on event 5 between Ben Smith and Chandler Smith. Chandler blazed through the 405lb deadlifts and alllllmost caught up to Ben for the event win. We’ve never seen someone deadlift that much weight that fast. Damn!
– Carleen Mathews… She’s not a household name (yet) in the sport, but she killed it in every workout and was really fun to watch as she won the West Region. Also, her hair is sick and she has dope tattoos. #NewCrossFitCrush
– The way Brent Fikowski pounded his chest and screamed like a gorilla as he casually walked onto the finish pad for a new event record in event number 6. Brent doesn’t show much emotion (or even fatigue) when he competes, so seeing him get so pumped on an event win is badass.
– Noah Ohlsen‘s front rack snatch balance in event 6 straight into the final five overhead squats at 225lbs. The quick and ballsy transition helped him get the event win. After winning he also went to cheer on Regionals rookie Chandler Smith as he struggled with the overhead squats.
– Cassidy Lance’s neon yellow tank top that said, “Murder Fucking Bitches.” Nuff said.
– Jeff Evans made an extremely costly mistake in the final event on his final rep of legless rope climbs in the Atlantic Region. He clinched his legs around the rope before controlling his hand back to the rope, which is a “no rep” and may have very well cost him the return trip to Carson this year. It was a very good call by the judge, but it was really sad to see for Jeff. He was in the lead in the event up until that point, and that one mistake cost him big time.
– Similar to Jeff Evans’ no rep on the legless rope climb in event 7, Adam Davidson was sitting in 5th place going into the last event of the weekend in the West Region, but a few no reps on the rope climbs moved him out of a qualifying spot and killed his chances of going to Carson.
– Cole Sager destroyed the final workout in the West Regional. He was out of the top five going into it, but his win on that event secured his spot at the CrossFit Games for another year. Cole’s reaction to hearing his name called as the fifth place qualifier was priceless!
Notable names that didn’t make it to the CrossFit Games…
– Regan Huckaby
– Cassidy Lance
– Sarabeth Phillips
– Talaya Fortunato
– Jeff Evans
– Nathan Bramblett
– Aaron Hanna
– Cody Anderson
Full results can be found at games.crossfit.com/leaderboard.
2016 CrossFit Regionals Week 2 Results – Atlantic Region – Individual Men
2016 CrossFit Regionals Week 2 Results – Atlantic Region – Individual Women
2016 CrossFit Regionals Week 2 Results – Atlantic Region – Individual Team
2016 CrossFit Regionals Week 2 Results – West Region – Individual Men
2016 CrossFit Regionals Week 2 Results – West Region – Individual Women
2016 CrossFit Regionals Week 2 Results – West Region – Individual Team
2016 Atlantic Regionals Videos – All Workouts, All Heats
2016 West Regionals Videos – All Workouts, All Heats