The 2015 CrossFit Open, Regionals, and Games have come and gone, and now HQ has opened up the registration for the Team Series, which originally made its debut last year and crowned Ben Smith, Scott Panchik, Emily Bridgers, and Stacie Tovar as the team champs.
Here is the 2015 CrossFit Team Series overview from the Games website:
The Team Series tests the fitness of four-person teams, two men and two women.
It starts Sept. 8, with the release of multiple team workouts. Teams will have six days to get together, complete the work, and submit their scores before the deadline: 5 p.m. PT, Sept. 14. Less than a month later, CrossFit will release the final set of team workouts, which will take place Oct. 6-12.
Teams will be able to choose between two versions of each workout: Rx’d or Scaled.
There will be three divisions: Open (all ages), Teenage (14-17) and Masters (40+). The 10 fittest teams at the end of the series will earn a piece of the US$151,000 prize purse.
Registration is $80 for the vast majority of teams. Sponsored teams with brands in their team names will pay $500.
Click here for more info about the 2015 CrossFit Team Series.
Click here to register for the 2015 CrossFit Team Series.
As a reminder, here are the results and a few videos from the 2014 team series…
Prize Team Athletes
1. $30,000 Team Reebok East Smith, Panchik, Bridgers, Tovar
2. $25,000 Rogue Fitness Red Bailey, Bridges, Fisher, Leblanc-Bazinet
3. $20,000 Rogue Fitness Black Froning, Khalipa, Briggs, Foucher
4. $17,000 PRGNX DarkHorse Conway, Fjord, Janowitz, Hammer
5. $14,000 CrossFit 417 Stevens, Chiles, Lawson, Wells
6. $11,000 Team Reebok North Malleolo, Kenney, Letendre, Jackson
7. $10,000 Team Reebok West Hackenbruck, Ohlsen, Voboril, Valenzuela
8. $9,000 CrossFit Fort Vancouver Neiffer, Dunlap, Core, Lessard
9. $8,000 Team PRGNX Force G. Helmick, Kearney, Kelly, A. Helmick
10. $7,000 CrossFit CDR Redlands Davis, Heighes, Garcia, Davis
Comments will be approved before showing up.